Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sold my Hat at Kenny Chesney

I went to my first Country Concert this last Thursday. We saw Kenny Chesney at Madison Square Garden. On the way to the concert I was wearing my old Cowboy Hat that I wear on Vacation. It had been crumpled and sat on and I was going to throw it out but Regina said to wear it. In the city we met a few friends and got something to eat before the concert.

On the street a camera crew approached us to talk about Kenny Chesney. They wanted a man and since I was not the Country Music fan our friend John answered their questions on camera. Before he went on, I gave him my hat to wear. He kicked a-- on camera and I am confident my hat will end up on A&E for a biography of Kenny Chesney. But that's not the end of the story....

At the concert--after a few beers--I was on line getting, what else, another beer. Kenny Chesney was playing and the crowd was hopped up. Then a guy (probably drunk) came up to me and said he wanted to buy my hat for $50. I wasn't going to sell it to him because I told him he was too drunk and probably didn't know what he was doing. He was with a friend who did not try to stop him and the guy proceeded to pull money out of his wallet. He said he didn't have a ten dollar bill so he handed me $60!

I gave him my hat.

I hindsight I might have been able to make change.

Needless to say, my first Country Concert was a success.

--
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, AHA!
---------------------------------------------------------
Lon S. Cohen
Writer
blahblahblah@lonscohen.com

No comments: